Suspect in Slaying of Henry County Police Officer Found Dead with Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound


The suspect in the death of Henry County officer Paramhans Desai, who was shot on November 4 when he responded to domestic disturbance call in the town of McDonough, has taken his own life, according to Wednesday reports.

After battling for four days, Desai succumbed to his gunshot wound Monday.

Authorities offered $70,000 to anyone who can help them track down 22-year-old Jordan Jackson, who fled the scene of the shooting.

They ended up tracking Jackson to a Clayton County apartment Tuesday evening, where he had been hiding out with friends.

According to Henry Police Chief Mark Amerman, Jackson barricaded himself inside the apartment when police arrived. Authorities were reportedly just feet away from him when he took his own life with a self-inflicted gunshot.

“Let this be a warning and reminder to anyone contemplating any crime let alone a crime of this magnitude where it involves one of our own,” Henry Sheriff Reginald Scandrett told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “It doesn’t matter how many days it takes, how much sleep we lose, we will hunt you down and find you. To the family of Officer Desai, this will not take away the pain but, hopefully, they can get some rest and start the healing process.”

Desai was 38-years-old.

He responded to a domestic disturbance call in the town of McDonough, and was shot, allegedly by Jackson, while attempting to make an arrest.

“Officer Desai continues to serve, even in his passing, by donating multiple organs which will save numerous lives,” the Henry County Police Department said. “Please continue to keep Officer Desai’s family in your thoughts and prayers through this terrible tragedy.”

Desai is the seventh Georgia police officer to die in the line of duty in 2021.

It has been a violent week for Georgia law enforcement.

Jackson County Sheriff’s Deputy Lena Nicole Marshall was shot and killed Monday, the same day Desai died, after another domestic disturbance call turned into a shootout.

Jessica Worsham, 43, shot and killed Marshall before another deputy returned fire, killing Worsham at the scene.

– – –

Pete D’Abrosca is a contributor at The Georgia Star News and The Star News Network. Follow Pete on Twitter. Email tips to [email protected].





Related posts