A Republican National Committee (RNC) spokesman told The Georgia Star News Monday that group is “leading the way on ensuring that elections are free, fair, and transparent by building an unprecedented election integrity program” with a three-pronged approach.
The following strategies are included in the RNC’s approach:
- Legal: The RNC’s legal team is involved in over 50 election integrity related lawsuits nationwide and has repeatedly intervened to protect state laws from Department of Justice overreach.
- Political: The RNC is in the field with paid staff and thousands of volunteers to address issues in real time and ensure transparency.
- Communications: The RNC is blanketing the airwaves, buying ads, and leading the GOP ecosystem on pro-election integrity messaging.
In Georgia, the RNC also notes that it has an election integrity director and election integrity counsel on the ground in-state.
“Our local team has recently passed some key milestones in our efforts to train poll watchers, recruit poll workers, and ensure transparency at the polls,” RNC spokesman Garrison Douglas told The Star News.
In Georgia, the RNC has:
- Conducted 2,500 trainings with 4,000 attendees
- Recruited 400 poll workers
- Trained 4,000 poll watchers; and
- Engaged over 8,000 total volunteers
“The RNC is making it easier to vote and harder to cheat in Georgia and nationwide because polling shows that voters want transparency at the ballot box,” Douglas said. “With midterm elections approaching, we’re proud of the work we’ve done so far and look forward to ensuring free, fair, and transparent elections in Georgia.”
The group’s website outlines several specific policy proposals they say with help to secure the election process. Among its many links and resources a a copy of 2021’s Election Integrity Report.
“The Republican Party, led by the RNC, spent tens of millions of dollars on lawsuits, recounts, poll watching, and other activities and engaged more intensely in election integrity than ever before,” the report says. “Those efforts are ongoing as the RNC continues to litigate the issues in court, prepare an integrity plan for future elections, and fight and win the public debate over voter and election integrity.”
To learn more about the program, visit https://protectthevote.com/.
– – –
Kaitlin Housler is a reporter at The Georgia Star and The Star News Network.
Photo “Election Day” by Phil Roeder. CC BY 2.0.